I have a secret to share with you. I love bread. I tried to give up, but it just doesn’t work. As you know from my last blog, I was in Turkey for a holiday recently. Going back to Turkey only reminded me even more how much of a bread person I am. How? Well, literally every meal we have there had bread involved. It is always standing next to your plate, a loyal helper waiting to help you catch all the salad dressing or to be used as a shovel to place leftover food on your fork.
Since returning to Germany, I believe I have finally mastered the art of making homemade bread. But not just any bread. Sandwich bread.
Since my mornings cannot count on fresh bread from the bakery, I have decided to take that role for myself. And that's why I now present you the most amazing yeast-free, vegan sandwich bread! It’s soft but firm like a cake, but salty enough to be a sandwich bread. I hope today you will take the time to celebrate the beauty of bread!
Yeast-Free Vegan Sandwhich Bread
* 600-gram flour
* 2 packages of baking powder
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 15-gram sugar
* 565 ml non-dairy milk
* 65 ml oil (I used sunflower oil)
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix in the non-dairy milk and oil
3. Pour into loaf pan lined with baking paper
4. Bake at 220 C for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cover with foil
6. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes at 200 C
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy!